View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Programmers, help fight the UIGEA from the bottom up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
donations arent legal, its still rake and in most states its very much illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is illegal if it is given explicitly in return for the right to play, and if failure to give results in not being allowed to play. That will be the first test any AG will try.

If your wife calls my wife and say Bob needs some bucks to keep the game going, and doesn't specify any particular amount, and does not make the giving of a donation a requirement for continued participation, then the AG just whiffed.

NO DA or AG is going to bring such a ludricous case into any court.

Only if playing poker in your home for money is illegal can there be a case to be brought.

Tuff

Anyway, I am not going to argue this point further. You guys don't know what you are talking about. Find some other objection to justify your continued defense of the grinder mills.

You know what. Most of you are terrified that somehow myself or someone will indeed make something like this work, and you will lose whatever meager supply of fish that are left on Full Tilt , Stars etc.

The very first US sanctioned online poker site that begins operations in the US, with easy funding on and off, whatever the form of the poker site, will decimate the current sites that you guys play on. You are positively horrified it might be something like I envision as opposed to the return of Party Poker.

That is why it is so easy to spin you up, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and that is why so much hate. You have fear.

TF

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say it actually is considered legal status(legal or not it wouldnt be looked at as legal) why would a payment processor continue doing business with a poker site when they dont do it with other poker sites?

I dont like your efforts because you're very smallminded in the aspects of external software and multitabling, and I think your a harm to real efforts if you make these things big issues. Fact is it should be the players choice how many tables to play, NOT a sole individual choosing for the masses just because that individual is too slow to actually accomplish multitabling/understanding how to work a basic hud himself.