View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: 8k Post - Microlimit bankroll: The misunderstood game of poker (tl

[ QUOTE ]
Bella- You copped out a little here. How do you manage your live play bankroll and/or what do you recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

My copping out is that I'm not comfortable of telling anybody what to do, when I've done so much wrong myself.

For live, I started with a 3000$ bankroll to play 3/6. I was probably way overbankrolled, but it was extra BJ money and I didn't know a thing about bankroll and probably about poker either. Err, my live bankroll now has grown to 5k. Yes, that is way underbankrolled for a 20/40 game, but well, I don't play it that often (prolly 1-2 times a month) and I enjoy it much more. I don't mind losing it all, it was extra money to begin with. But I don't advocate anybody jumping in there underbankrolled. I had a funny experience at Bay101 a few months ago. Some decent playing guy after some hours at the 20/40 (away from the table) just couldn't believe, when I told him my BR was 5k. He was like: "You play so well, yet you have so poor BR managment". After a while I responded: "Look, I'm not a pro, I don't do this for a living. If I lose this BR, I won't cry if I don't play poker again. And if it's really that important, I'll save some money from my real job and pay it off then." Cop-outs, I know... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] So, please, you'd be better off following Aaron's advice and not mine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]