Thread: ZODIAC
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: ZODIAC

I thought this was a good movie. Although it felt long at times I felt like the story was a little rushed in it's resolution. As someone already mentioned, I'm really not sure where you could cut anything out, and you can't really make this movie any longer.
I liked the opening scene taking place on July 4th (1969?). The 4th of July is one piece of Americana that I really enjoy seeing on film. Although I wasn't alive for that time period (born in 81), I felt like it was well done. It's also interesting to see the police departments and offices operating without any computers.

Typically I enjoy the "police procedural" movies. I'm guessing anyone who is into that will like this movie, and would love Graysmith's books.

I saw this with 9 people and everyone agreed it was good, but about half the group seemed put off by how long it was. If the story did a better job of really pulling you in I would say this was a graet movie. The acting, and detail to the period were still enough to make me really enjoy it.