Thread: 2008 Seahawks
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: 2008 Seahawks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is rofl because clearly nobody posting in it has paid any attention to their off season nor knows the team really well.

Defense will be much better. Revamped secondary is a huge improvement, young LBs get better, d-line will be vastly improved if Tubbs is healthy.

Offensive line has better players in better spots, and should have a healthy Shaun and Matt. Branch will have had time to work with Matt, Leonard Weaver being back will give us great 3rd down/short yardage flexibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

their d-line is old, i don't see it holding up throughout the season. doesn't matter how good your db/lb corps is if your line can't hold its own.

[/ QUOTE ]

The kid from Cal we drafted people are raving about. The Hawks rotate the line a lot, so age is less of a concern. Last year w/o Tubbs, Darby wore down a lot. This year Darby/Tubbs/Bernard/Mebhane (sp?) etc should be a strong improvement. As others have mentioned, Tubbs is the key for a lot of this.

Count me in with people excited to see DJack go. Talented player, but dumb as a post. Almost all of his errors were mental, not skill, and I loathe that kind of player. Hacket + Branch in system + Ingram + young WRs is good.

WRT to Hutch- he's still a guard. It looks worse than it did because of how the line was banged up last year and the fact that Shaun was hurt. I still think it was acceptable to let him walk given what he was asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key still for Seattle and it's always been is the running game. If it gets back in line as it was in 2006, they should contend for the playoffs and maybe a conference finals birth. If it doesn't the D again will be exposed as being a good defensive unit that can't stay on the field. This is the case with most defensive units but was pretty obvious about Seattle last season.

Most "experts" still think Seattle is on a downward trend, I agree. They could still compete, but I think their window for a SB has ended. But that's true with just about any NFC team right now.