Thread: OOT WGA Threads
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: OOT WGA Threads

[ QUOTE ]
I will admit that this lock could have been explained to OP a bit better as soon as OP admits he ignored the OOT rules and wasted our time by making this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see anywhere in the sticky that clearly indicates that my post wasn't informative enough. There's nothing that even goes as far as your second bullet above. I provided a link, gave a sentence description, and asked a couple of questions. I can concede that I didn't realize that "no effort" means anything less than a paragraph or two of analysis, but it wasn't due to lack of reading comprehension. I also thought, as CMI said, that there would be a bit of leeway based on the nature of the subject.

If this thread is a waste of time, then what is the purpose of ATF anyway? It seems that I'm not the only one who could have misinterpreted the intent of the rules. This is troubling because if experienced posters aren't sure about the standards, then what chance does a newbie have? A bit of clarification can only be a good thing.