View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: NBC Heads-Up ratings data (as of April 29)

[ QUOTE ]

Please stick to quoting ratings from other news sources.

Your information in the rest of the post, particularly what comes at the end, is factually inaccurate.

Given your former status as a member of the press and someone with an interest in representing poker players, it would serve you wise not to post on topcis about which you have no knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no need to be hostile, Dennis O., er. "freekobe".

If NBC has already picked up the 2008 option for Heads-Up, then that would certainly be great news for HSOR and Poker PROductions.

The ratings and the business environment are exactly as I described: ratings on NBC Heads-Up are down 20% year to year and online poker "school" advertising has all but disappeared on U.S. television with the exception of FullTiltPoker.net.

If those are not reasons for concern with the 2008 option pending, then I don't know what other reasons you will need to be cautious.

As for me, I have turned over my client base completely in order to focus on players with European Union passports in the short term (next 12 months).

I am personally more concerned about poker TV ratings on DSF and EuroSport than NBC and ESPN at this point.