View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: \"Show one, show all\" in the middle of the hand.

In a game at MGM probably over a year ago we had a player show his cards to an all-in player, then fold. The third player in the hand who hasn't acted on the all-in yet yells that he wants to see the cards. The player who is all-in protests. Dealer says "tough--show one show all is the rule". He protests further. She repeats "it's the rule" and I jump in and explain why it doesn't apply in this case--the other guy would get information the all-in fellow didn't have at the time he acted. She says we're wrong. She's asked to call the floor. She says "we don't need the floor, show one show all is a rule" and flips over the cards. She's lucky I wasn't the all-in guy who had his request for the floor staunchly refused. I haven't been that annoyed with a dealer since then, I don't think, and I wasn't even in the hand. You simply do not, as a dealer, get to say "we don't need the floor".

I took a walk and on the trip back found a floor and asked what he woulda done. He woulda done the right thing...set the cards aside, let the 3rd player call or fold, then show the exposed cards. He agreed SWSA is a rule, but understood that its application in that circumstance would be unfair to the all-in player.