View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Dealer contributes to confusion... Floor please!

This exact situation happened to me. I opened a pot in early position to like $15 in a 1/2 NLHE game with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the BB called me. The flop came K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He checked, I made a bet, he called. Turn came J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . He checked again, I made a bet, he called again. The river was a Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . I jump for joy making Kings full of Queens. I am awaiting my turn to take this guy to valuetown and never see him motion. However, everyone starts to look at me and I asked "Did he check?" The villian immediately flips over his K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The floor got called (this is my first time ever needing to involve a floor) The dealer stated that he heard me mumble something before saying check, however he clearly heard check. I am flipping out because I want to bet my second nuts. After deliberating, the floor stated the villians action of checking would stand and that I could check, bet or fold.

I tossed out a tiny ass bet (smaller than the turn bet)because I figured by the way I acted he knew i had a monster. He insta called and then flipped out that I tried to angle him by saying to the floor "So I gotta show my hand now??" (in a pissed off tone).

The people sitting next to me heard me ask if he checked and agreed that the guy was just trying to angle me to get a cheap showdown. Also why the hell would I not bet Kings full in position. I am no Jennifer Tilly. It didn't work. I love the floor! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]