View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

[ QUOTE ]
I'm addicted to the tarasomething chicken sandwich with cranberries. I will Admit to eating this tasty sandwich every work day for the past 2 months. Sometimes I will eat one for breakfast and again for lunch. Why does the liquid sugar they have taste fruity. How come the breakfast sandwiches suck so bad. How come everybody that works at Starbucks is so very overly nice and sometimes zany nice.

Am I nuts for spending close to 100 bucks at star bucks a week? Or do you have regulars that spend about the same. What is the average tip from a customer. I'm sure it adds up by the end of the shift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tarragon Chicken Salad sandwich is definitely my favorite sandwich.

Don't know about fruity simple (Classic) syrup.

We are told to act cheerful, always be happy, etc. Some people don't. I actually find that being over-the-top cheerful is hilariously fun to do. Greeting half-awake caffeine zombies loudly gets you some awesome reactions. Entertaining myself in that fashion helps get me through the day.

100 bucks a week is pretty steep, but you are buying lunch everyday. I've seen multiple people who will spend 50+ a week, without food involved.

Tips vary from store to store, region to region. The two stores I've been at typically have averaged around $1.70 per hour, per person in tips. Some get more, some get less. I've heard that Baristas in Vegas clear 4 bucks an hour in tips. I think you'd be surprised at how many people don't tip. Also, we don't have an option to write in tips on credit cards, which hurts.