View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

[ QUOTE ]
ClassicBob,

NBA POSTERS REPRESENT!!! Good job with this thread. Hope you're not still pissed at me cuz I forgot you in that list of Mavericks homers that one time.

Hey, I'm a 2-3X/week Starbucks customer (Iced Chai Latte, sue me). I typically go in one in the Safeway by my place since I have a 1/2 mile commute to work. However, there are two standalone Starbucksesses a mile to the west and another couple a mile or two the other way.

Anyway, I've heard a stigma attached to the ones in grocery stores and what not, that they're not "real" Starbucks. Any thoughts that the product or talent level of baristas may be inferior at those? My drink is ridiculously easy to make so they get it right, but the employees are Safeway employees, not Starbucks employees, and their pastry selection is disappointingly slim as well. What have you heard?

[/ QUOTE ]

You still my boy, tup.

Good question, here.

Starbucks that you see in Targets, Safeways, Airports, etc. are more times than not "not real Starbucks." They are owned by the store around them, and are considered "licensed concepts." You can't expect the same level of customer service or depth of knowledge at one as you will at an actual store. However, an Iced Chai is the easiest drink that we make, they'll never screw that up. I doubt they use the same food distributor, so their pastry selections could very well be stuff that the grocery store sells, but I could be wrong about that.

They won't screw up your Chai, but if you have any real questions, I'd go to a real Starbucks.