View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Are multi-table players ‘solid’ or just bored?

[ QUOTE ]
I reckon that by concentrating on one game I can think about who is doing what at the table and learn much more, faster than by spraying money around on lots of tables. So a slower cash-back curve but a faster learning curve – I hope!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. Read a lot and then play one or two tables. Thats a recipe for success [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Here’s the question. I see the same names popping up and “find player” shows these guys are playing 4, 6 or even twelve 10NL games at the same time! So is it safe to assume that these multi-table players (there can be 5 or 6 of them at a 10 seat table on a Saturday afternoon!) only play good cards and don’t bother with any “moves” as they don’t stick around long enough to pick up any reads? And, just out of curiosity, why a player would spread $120 around twelve 10NL tables? Wouldn’t they get a better return for less risk playing four 25NL tables instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's safe to assume they play nothing but premium hands. You dont want to tangle too much with these guys. They'll probably fold to steals a lot though.

The reason for playing 10 tables of NL10 instead of a few NL25 tables? Not big enough bankroll is probably the most common reason. The player might also feel that he is not comfortable playing NL25 yet but feels he can beat the NL10 tables for a good win rate while multi-tabling hard.