View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Mario Galaxy: 97 on Metacritic

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got up to about 16 stars and wow this is fun. My only complaint is that the organization of galaxies into planets means it kinda feels like you're performing a bunch of small tasks in succession (getting off each planet and moving to the next) as opposed to Mario 64, where you had these huge expansive worlds to run around in; each "mission" felt more cohesive.

It is early in the game though so future galaxies may address this complaint. That's really all I have to bitch about so far though, this game is sweeeeet and makes me feel like I'm a little kid again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem I originally had with the previews way back when - the lack of big open worlds. The reviews do say that they are there though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... it's actually more wide open than it looks. Some worlds aren't... like sometimes you can't backtrack, but it's the same way in the classic Mario games. It feels really closed because I always feel like I'm gonna fall off the planet, but then Mario just runs under the planet instead and all is good.