View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: A very interesting ethics situation and a Bellagio Floor ruling

[ QUOTE ]
Bav or OP: How much should player 1 have to put in the pot if player 2 had said "all in", rather than "call?"

[/ QUOTE ]
What would he be committed to if he himself just changed his mind at that point in the wager without anybody saying anything? If I reach out with a stack of chips, start cutting 'em out in the betting area, and then say "oh wait, I think I'll check" I ain't gettin' away with it. So that would be how much he's committed to. I honestly ain't sure what that number should be.

I'd like to hear RR's thoughts on it. But I'm leaning toward making the bettor leave $200 minimum. That's apparently how much was on the felt out in the betting area. OP said he was in the processing of cutting the third stack when "call" was spoken, so the third stack wasn't complete. I don't see how any reasonable person could claim after he's cut out two stacks of $100 and started on a third that the original bettor was intending to trim all the stacks to 3 chips or 2 chips and only actually bet $100. Again, I wouldn't throw a fit if you wanted to insist he'd started on the third stack so should leaving SOMETHING, but you can't know that he wasn't going to make that his final stack and trim it to $25 or $50. So fine, $225 if you want.