View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Aces in 3-bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it so much, but I'm not sure if there's any other alternative. If you're happy to get it all-in on boards like this I think I sometimes 4-bet preflop but again that's not great, even though you have position. The issue here is that his range is polarized more towards made hands that have you beat, considering he's 3-bet you pf oop, and he has an ace a good amount of the time and 3 large cards. Villain can occasionally be making a pure bluff or semibluffing with a naked weak flush draw, and in this case you either get a fold and win the pot as it stands or get him to gamble, probably without odds. Generally, though, he's either got you beat, he's got a good draw or a little of both, so you're never crushing, behind alot and crushed occasionally. I think there's an argument for just folding to his flop pot-sized bet purely because you're readless, the board's co-ordinated and it's gonna cost you $31 to fight over a $11 pot where there's a good chance you're already behind. In fact, I think this is an overriding argument and you should fold flop and be happy about it. Occasionally you look like a genius when villain calls, misses and you scoop, but it's just too easy to take you to valuetown here. He probably turns up with KK/TT/KTQJ here about 5% of the time give or take a sh*tload. What then, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

For one buy in wazz; i disagree; firstly against kqjt no diamonds you are 45% to win; secondly you are never crushed as you have the nut flush draw.

And thirdly, but by no means most importantly; Wazz is never folding here!!!!