View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Great film

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And no, Anton didn't not kill Moss. The Mexicans who found out where Moss was going killed him in a big shootout and stole the money. In the book, though, Chigurh ends up with the money, so it's safe to assume he caught up with the Mexicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression Chigurh did get the money when he went back to the scene (they made it a point to mention the mexicans were in a rush and didn't have much time. Chigurgh's dime was on the floor near the vent; indicating he had opened the vent, where the money may or may not have been).

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i thought happened in both the book and the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was about to comment on this, and then you guys mentioned it. i'm just going to white out the rest of my post below.

<font color="white">at first, i wasn't sure what went on in the motel room at the crime scene. it was a little unclear where in the room anton was when jones saw the movement through the door.

i, too, thought maybe he was just behind the door the whole time. then, when jones enters the bathroom, they clearly focus on the window latch. at this point, i figured anton had escaped sometime after they showed him standing in the dark room and before jones cocked his gun and opened the door.

after they show the window latch, jones goes back to the living room, looks down, and sees the dime and open vent. this is where moss hid the money, and i believe they showed it to say that anton got the money and escaped out the bathroom window.

the stuff i list below i have no idea how people got:
- anton killed moss
- jones imagined seeing anton in the room
- anton wasn't in the room jones was looking into
- anton is like a ghost

the stuff i do feel similarly about:
- the car accident near the end, other than the similarities it - kind of - shows between moss and anton
- the tie-in between the opening monologue and the closing dream (i felt like i was supposed to know who the person was in the second dream, but i didn't)

and finally, did the office dude hire anton to find this money and subsequently hire woody when anton hadn't found it soon enough? that's what i got from the conversation that went something like this:

dude: i figured having more tools on the job i'd get the money faster.
anton: my philosophy is having the best tool for the job.</font>