View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Could he see my hole cards?

I was recently playing on one of the main poker sites in an SNG. I was dealt 8 8 and saw the flop. There were two other players who also saw the flop - Ac 5s 3h (we will call them A and B), A bets and B folds. I spend about 15 seconds thinking about whether to call or not when player B types in "5 and 3 make 8 right". It was totally out of the blue and was the first thing anyone had typed in. Later on I was dealt AK in 2 out of 3 hands, just as I was being dealt it for the second time he typed in "lol" in the chat box - this was also totally out of context.

There were other less suspicious behaviours, such as: instantly folding when I had KK and AA, where as usually he took a few seconds to think about his hand (yes I did get dealt a few peachy hands).

The end result was I was HU with him and my mighty A6 cracked his weakling AK - I was only HU for about six hands so I didn't really get to see if he could tell exactly what I had.

My question is that is it at all possible to see someone elses' hole cards? I had heard that people have been found doing this in the past. Or was he just some insane guy typing out insane things at just the right moment?

Needless to say I am installing a firewall and all the anti virus programs I can find.