View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

[ QUOTE ]
thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Dom and Wookie, what do you think of Orlando's suggestion that I email him with a friendly tone? I'm not sure I will but I wanted to know your thoughts on this idea. Also, today we are speaking to each other just about business stuff. We have remained polite (or "civil" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) I have a feeling that this is how it will be from now on which is fine with me. Unfortunately we both depend on each other to get our work done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Katy, You have received good advice from Blarg and others. I would NOT do any of this communication via email because it is hard to keep things in perspective via email at times. On the positive side it is documentation.

Anyway, If this guy physically threatened you, you need to report it and report it now. I would write it up in a professional way and take it to HR and to your manager. I am assuming this bozo is not your supervisor. There is nothing in a workplace that warrants a physical threat like that. This cannot and should not be tolerated. If one of my people came to me and told me something like this the aggressor would be fired immediately.

Stand up for yourself and once again take the bull by the horns and get this taken care of. You are in the right. Be professional, document and go over his head to the proper people.