View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: ballys

Bally's is THE noisiest poker room in Vegas. Seriously, that's the only major drawback to it. It sits out in the open with ceilings that seem to amplify and reflect the sounds, with craps tables and blackjack tables right behind with folks SCREAMING at the top of their lungs. I think the guys who work there should have OSHA bring in a sound meter and see if their hearing isn't being impacted by long term exposure. It's loud enough you normally cannot hear someone carrying on a normal conversation two seats away, and even shouting often isn't enough to be heard from seat 2 to seat 8. I can only take a few hours of it during prime time and come out with my ears feeling 'bout like they did leaving the last Motley Crue concert I did 20 years ago.

Harrah's is the opposite, in its own floor-to-ceiling glass walled room. Kinda like Caesars, but not isolated down a long corridor like Caesars. If it's loud in the poker room, it's because of the poker players.

There are all kinds of reasons to pick one poker room over another. Limits available, parking, noise, friendliness, nitty rules, comps (IP gives ya $2/hr, most everybody else is $1/hr), drink service (Caesars doesn't serve call drinks--you get "bourbon and coke" not "jack and coke"), appearance of the cocktailers... But quality of the play at 3/6 and NL1/2 isn't really a reason to select a room--everybody sucks everywhere.