View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Default 2+2er Nike Plus running group - who\'s in?

Dunno if any of you have one of these yet. My wife and I got one for Christmas and I've used it a few times, and as part of my overall training (getting back in shape for Ultimate frisbee + rebuilding my knee/leg strength) I'm going to start running a lot more than I have in the past.

Right now, I'm really not much of a runner -- I run fairly slowly and generally only 2-3 miles per run. Overall my goals are to be able to run a half marathon by the end of the summer. As I've never been much of a runner, this is a pretty big goal for me.

Anyway, part of the way that the Nike Plus website/system works is that you can setup groups with up to 50 people to compete vs. individually, or to compete with as a group vs. other groups. I'm still figuring out how their system works but it looks like anyone can create a challenge and invite other usernames to participate...so I'm going to start a "most miles ran" challenge over the next 90 days. Anyone in? My Nike+ username is Entity. If you're interested, post your Nike+ username and I'll add you to the challenge. You can create a Nike account even if you don't have the sensor yet, but there's no way to upload your rundata to the site without one. If you already have a Nano, the pedometers/sensors are only $30 and definitely worth it (even if you don't, a Nano is a great thing to have for running).

PS - For those who have been thinking about buying one of the Nike sensors, I'd definitely recommend it. I'm only a few runs in so far but it's really helping as a motivational tool, and for making runs more fun overall.

Rob