View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Law School Application Time

[ QUOTE ]
1. You are making a 6 figure investment. Don't let a $50 fee deter you if you have a shot, even if that shot is minimal. GPA is solid, 165 is good, but nothing to write home about. I've posted before that I had a 3.6 and a 172 and I got into two of the top 15 schools. Remember that numbers are slightly skewed when you remove minorities and those with advanced degrees, etc. from the equation.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say you got into 2 of the top 15, does that mean you applied to all of them? That would surprise me a little, as with scores like that, it would seem you would get at least a little more. Also, what was your degree and from where, and how much do those things factor in?

One other thing they say about personal statements is include anything that may have detracted or contributed to your GPA. A large percentage of most of my courses are based on group work (anywhere from 20-70% of my final grade). I made a brief comment about this, and how I found the group experience valuable, but don't think my GPA necessarily reflects what I'm capable of individually. Is this a good idea, or does it sound like I'm making excuses?

Edit: oh, and I would definitely prefer west coast, or generally someplace warm.