Thread: Calldown?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Calldown?

if we think he wont ever fold a better hand if we cr and bet(easy assumption), or bet a worse hand for us on the turn if we ck call the flop why cant we just ck call the flop and ck fold the turn keeping the pot small? and if he bets too much ie more than is optimal even in obvious spots like this (ie he ll second barrel worse hands so often wed like to let him) isnt ck calling still best then?

I dont think we can say we have an equity edge against the range of hands that put more bets into this pot vs a cr and we re bloating the pot with a weakish hand OOP (esp worse if we feel compelled to showdown vs further aggression ), are folding out 6 outters worth it if he ll ck behind and call a bet with K hi if we stay passive? what makes cr'ing best I guess is my basic question.

I thikn cr'ing has alot more merit in these spots (we have a marginal made hand) when theres a fd on the flop as we get looked up a lot lighter. Here tho I think his range stays the same either way mostly that callsdown (maybe K or Q hi look us up more then), and I think we re ahead enough to peel a street or two but not to be raising for value or some kidn of protection in a small HU pot.