View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Standard Blind Steal Situations

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Preflop is thin, but fine. I like the c/c on the turn. It's terrible if he checks behind with his 6-15 outter.

[/ QUOTE ]

so do you like a turn bet or check? i'm confused. and i really doubt he's not betting a hand with equity as significant as an 8-15 outer(and much, much worse).

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: I bet/fold the turn, but a value check is not bad. As played, fold this river. Very few hands that are calling this flop are behind you at this point. This is a not a bad time to turn-value check, but you don't have to call all rivers. This and a K or a T are the other ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't comfortably bet/fold the turn in this situation without risking the folding of a winner too often. so if i'm resigned to calling down, i want to expand the range of my opponent(since i have a "marginal" holding this has the effect of increasing my equity in the hand since it skews his holdings to include much weaker hands than would simply call my turn bet).

when i check that turn, i absolutely must call any river. that turn check opens up his range considerably. he will often fire any two cards in an effort to pick up the pot. to combat that, i'm showing down every time in that scenario.