View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
I can get behind some of that but I think you are still underestimating the business side of his decision. The Pats presented him with a perfect situation in which he could a) make more money and b) win. I would like to believe that a) and b) played equally in his decision but if anything I think a) was likely more influential. He is rich but money does get spent and Moss, like most athletes, has only a limited amount of time to accumulate the largest possible sum of money to support himself.

In the end, if the Pats offer him a reasonable deal, he will accept, in my opinion. But it is hopelessly naive to believe that money was a minor factor in his initial decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a minor factor in his inital decision or else he would have finished out his year in Oakland, signed a 1 year contract with a team that he would have the best chance to blow up with, and then sign a huge contract. Of course Moss cares somewhat about the money, everyone does, but if you don't think his main reason by far is winning you are crazy.