View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Caesar\'s $1500: Help, I\'m Addicted to Suited Connectors

So I shoved, I thought that OR could fire out a c-bet anywhere between 500 and 2K, therefore I believed shoving was the only way to make sure I was preserving FE. While any of you would be able to put me on exactly 65 in less than a second with this play, I didn't think anyone in the hand could (Shaun is right, my table was unbelievably weak for a $1500 buy-in event). 2nd limper thought for a long while before folding, OR instacalled with AA, I bricked out.

I guess another way to play it is to check and hope that multiple players start throwing chips around, to maximize the number of chips in the pot before I shove.

Preflop I'm still not sure about. Pot odds are great, but the SPR (stack/pot ratio) is not really conducive to playing suited connectors, because you want to be able to shove over a bet with FE if you flop a big draw. I actually think this hand plays a lot better if the two limpers are not in the pot, then the PF pot is 950, I can C/R any c-bet with substantial FE without making an overbet. I realized this at the table after calling and before acting on the flop.