View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: awkward stack sizes -- 2/4 nl 800

I think any hand K's up or better is getting their money in reguardless of what line you take, so I feel you can basiclly ignore this part of his range.

I feel a floped combo draw is a less likely part of his range as he would most likely want to C/R the flop, but a hand like K7 or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is now somthing to concider. Rounding out his range I'd ad random 2 pair hands (waiting for a safe turn) and big naked K's (ak,kq,kj) But I would guess he would most likely 3bet ak preflop. I don't think he ever shows up with complete air here, but 7x or X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would also be reasonable holdings.

I think a shove probably gets a call from K7 and K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] probably but less likely the random 2 pair hands, probably folds the Big K's and naked flush/straight draws
I think a min raise gets a call/shove from K7 and K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] the random 2 pair hands the big K's either fold or call and check fold the river and the naked flush/straight draws would call/shove turn

I think the decision comes down to his bluff frequency on the river, I think you have to shove unless he is likely to raise turn or fire river with his weaker holdings. A lot of river cards also might kill your action. Without a strong read I shove here