View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Would this player ever be a winning player.

Theoretically speaking.

Your playing at Binions 1/2 NL UNCAPPED

You buy in for 100 dollars.

Everyone at the table has 20 grand sitting in front of them.

You get dealt AA every single hand and go all in every single time.

Due to variance would'nt you always get sucked out on. Just enough to ensure that you would never be able to beat this game.

It's not bad luck. It's not bad skill.

It's just the fact that with your minimum buy in and the nature of the uncapped game that you would prob never be able to beat this game.

It's kind of like a martengale.

Ok you win 4 times in a row you have 1600 you win again you have 3200 you win again 7400 you win again you have 14800.

I guess AA winning 7 times in a row is not hard to accomplish and in the long run you should have periods where it wins 50 times in a row.

So once in a while it seems this 100 dollar player would hit it big time.

But more often than now would eventually keep losing his 100 dollar buy in over and over and over.

I'm not whining or anything I never buy in short stacked. I'm just trying to understand why ppl buy in shortstacked in uncapped games.

Is there a real strategy to it.

My example kinda sucks because no one is going to get dealt AA every single hand.

Which it seems would make it EVEN HARDER for someone to come out a long term winner in these games.

I'm not talking about buying in for 5 bucks in a 25 dollar max game.

I'm talking about buying in for 5 bucks in an uncapped game.

It just seems like coming out a long term winner would be hard if not impossible.