View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: 25-50 hand vs Diablo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think the stackadonk line has been used so often, perhaps overused, that diablo (or whoever else if they were in his spot) would be more likely these days to bet the turn again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. The added effect of being able to double barrel because you also fire turns with strong hands generally outweighs the possible "inside a vaccuum" more optimal play of stackadonk when playing against regulars all the time.

The "merge your range" thing also kind of applies which is kind of funny because Strassa is such a huge advocate of it. Like on this turn I would think its standard to be firing behind with your bluffs (floats) and your strong slowplayed hands while checking behind the medium strength hands (comparably) like TT... but Strassa merrrrrrged!

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, the stackadonk line is more obvious and used more in the current state of poker, but that doesn't mean that that it would be less likely to be used here in an isolated instance imo. i think it could be argued that people would be more likely to use it because people float more and more nowadays as opposed to when this hand took place(i think).

so checking kk here will yield a higher expectation than betting if strassas flop range is primarily floats and 1 pair hands(which he will probably fold most of the time unless our 2 barrel frequency is fairly high or we have a bunch of recent aggressive history). of course at this point everything becomes really flow dependent and vs. an observant opponent like strassa you can't just take one line all the time, and without knowing how aggressive/passive diablo & strassa play vs. each other in spots like this it's really hard to comment on 1 hand like this.

on another note this is one of the first posts i ever read on 2p2 and it's really cool to come back a year or something later and understand why it was played the way it was, while when i first read it i was confused why people wanted to fold a pair higher than every card on the board. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]