View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: 25-50 hand vs Diablo

The biggest issue that you aren't addressing, Jason, is why you're betting this turn? You're either doing it for value or doing it so Diablo doesn't pick up a 6 outer with overs, correct? In regards to getting value, all you will be making money from is 88 and 99, right? And that's only if El D decides to take his 99/88 all the way to river (is it fair to assume that you will quite often double barrel turn/river with the a turn check-call?). El D is also forced to semi-bluff ai or fold this turn with a heart draw (leaning to an ai with two heart overs and maybe leaning to a fold with one heart over? This is just another assumption...). With this turn bet, it just seems like you are forcing a good hand reader to make an even more accurate play against you (even with the knowledge that you will quite often float a flop with this texture). Obviously, by checking this turn you are making it fairly well known that you are trying to get to showdown, because you would so often follow your float with a turn bet, that checking only states that you do indeed like your hand and that you're probably going to call a river bet. This obviously gives El D a lot of power in terms of when to VB and when to CC or CF, but I still believe that checking this turn, even with a player like you and you're history with El D, is superior with your specific holding of TT. I think with QQ/JJ it's much closer to a bet. I'm also curious about what you'd do with 88/99 on this turn, also? If you are betting with TT here, you must be betting those, too, no?