View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Mundane Stud Hi Hand

I prefer a raise on 3rd street even with the overcards behind you, because, if you just call and they call, too, then you have a harder time knowing what they actually have, plus, you give them a chance to hit one of their overcards, and imo, I'd much rather invest one more small bet to try and knock those hands out because your hand will play better against one opponent, and obviously so if the opponent has a smaller pair (like TT).

If you reraise on 3rd and either one of the overcards does call/raise, well, then unless they're being overly aggressive or something, I think you'll be able to play your hand much more correctly afterwards.

Raise 5th, protect your hand from the possible drawers. If it's not the best hand, I think you'll get a better idea of that by raising.

If the Ace happens to have split Aces, and he decided to slowplay it the whole time, well now if you raise and he doesn't have 2 pair, maybe he'll fold. The pot is big enough to where this would really be my primary objective now.