View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Whole Grain Bread?

I've heard numerous reports about people and their feelings about whole grain bread. Some think it could be the best thing in the world and other people think it pretty much sucks. I know what diet I will be doing next and where whole grain bread stands in it, but in an effort to be open to change... I wanted to start a thread where all can lobby for or against whole grain bread (Perhaps for more various foods there can be this discussion as well). I have not given this idea a whole world of thought or research (or I'd likely try to get paid for writing it). But I did come up with some parameters that should be addressed when we make these arguments:

1) Why you eat or do not eat whole grain bread? We all continue to eat non-optimal meals because they taste great. I eat white rice. Its a travesty; I know. I also eat plain oatmeal. It tastes terrible.
2) What part it constitutes in your diet? Do you eat it all the effing time? Just a few slices here and there? Do you eat it as a way to make meal prep easier ie sandwich etc?
3) What is your diet? Do you do a zone paleo inspired diet or are you training for the Greater Orlando 225k ultra marathon? Please include a P/F/C split or in whatever order people most commonly include those letters.
4) What are your goals? This ties in with the above question. Do you use it to help add carbs in a bulking cycle and eschew it when you are trying to cut down?
5) Other comments... Perhaps if you don't use it now and don't really like it, but can see where other people need/want it in their diets. Maybe you wanna tell a story here. I don't care. It's your post.