View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: College Football Week 6

Ok guys help me out here.

I just got off the phone with the Pops and he got tickets to the Pitt @ RU game in November. He got on the topic of how much he hates Schiano and wishes he left for Miami. I have made my pro-Schiano posts on here but there are a few things that I strongly dislike about him. The Navy incident back in 03 that really made me mad, the hopping up and down on the Louisville symbol in 05 which led to the Cardinals pounding RU into nothingness, the trusting Ito countless times vs Illinois, and the infamous day that New Hampshire beat the crap out of a D1A program called Rutgers University.

He was saying how much he used to enjoy going to games even though there were only 12,000 people there and 10,000 were wearing the away teams colors and the student section was barren. Don't get me wrong we both love having a team that wins in NJ, and Schiano did have something to do with that bringing in those South Florida recruits and having a decent defense. But, obviously the team was carried by Clark Harris and Brian Leonard the past two years and not Greg Schiano.

With that said, is it so wrong for us in Jersey to want Schiano gone even though he has led Rutgers to a top 10 ranking, 2 consecutive seasons to bowl games, and one ending in a bowl win?