Thread: New Mods
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 AM

Default Re: New Mods....to VR & Iron.......

I am encouraged for the future of the Politics Forum by this latest turn of events.

As you're formulating the new 'guidelines', I would ask you both to do you’re very best to remember the following:

The Politics Forum will be best served when any and all posters will never have to feel that they must conform to a set of 'acceptable' guidelines that smack of ANY political leaning.

Please consider that the subject of Politics is different from virtually any of the other Forums, and as such, much be dealt with in a different manner.

Openness of full expression of any posters beliefs is to be encouraged in order to further encourage an exchange of ideas surrounding the subject being discussed.

Establish and post a very clear framework for Forum behavior surrounding the issue of both thread locking and banning of posters.

The issue of Politics can often lead to some very rough & tumble discussions. Political Correctness should NEVER be a consideration when attempting to moderate this Forum.

Regardless of a posters political leaning, we must understand that most hold their beliefs passionately. Passion should not be confused with raw emotion. We all say things in the heat of discussion that we later wish we had not said. We are also all adults, and should be held personally accountable and responsible for whatever we post. The previous standard of allowing moderators to ‘ban’ posters based upon the moderator’s subjection view is a flawed process, and should not be continued.

I sincerely hope that the above thoughts will help in establishing a new set of guidelines that will help elevate this Forum to a special level.

Best of Luck.......

Myrt........