View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Opp just c/r\'d A high board

Against the vast majority of TAGs this is pretty much printing money. I have no idea why people advocate c/ring on A hi boards since an Ace is the least likely card to be in your OOP calling range. If you're one of the guys that calls with AK preflop and c/rs a lot, you're one level ahead and I tip my hat to you sir enjoy the stack. I've been doing this for like 50k hands or so and haven't seen anyone do this yet.

One thing that I have to add is that if you do elect to call flop to bluff the turn depends on two things
1) If the turn comes a diamond, we're done with the hand obv, people c/r bluff with equity as opposed to stone cold way more.
2) If the turn come a blank, TIMING is hugely relevant. Think of your typical decent but not great TAG sitting behind the computer thinking, 'oh yeah, he's cbetting with air so much that I can check/raise profitably ooooooh baby, [censored] he called, what the [censored] do I do now?' He then takes time to try and figure out your range, his represented range, lots of stuff, and then bluffs/doesn't bluff. Very few people at SSNL make this bluff with a multistreet plan.

Turn bet in < 3 sec = autofold IMO.