View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Cash game pros - lifestyle (and numbers) questions

[censored] with my sleeping schedules and i've had like no social life the last couple of months because im a bum in a city i don't know. I put in a decent amount of hours. I don't "pay" myself. I spend what I want when I want. Right now I don't have a bank account (long story) so most of my money is online, but when I get all that [censored] figured out I'm going to try to take out as much as possible at the end of every month while growing my online bankroll.

but in reality, the answer is truly what you make of it. If you keep a good sleep schedule that lines up with other things you would like to do with your life (I think this is very crucial) then it doesn't have to [censored] with your schedule. For poker playing at night is obviously best but when you find yourself needing to do something or buy something at a store and you get up at 8pm, you gotta do something about it. This causes you to move your schedule, or if you are visiting someone you have to flip right around. Constantly changing your schedule leads to lost days and many days of being tired and adjusting.

One thing that I think is that finding some kind of compromise between day and night is crucial because when im awake during the day I feel I'm less inclined to sit at home, I stay on a schedule, and I do more things other than poker.

I'd advice making some commitments, be it meeting with a personal trainer at a certain time, taking a class, meeting someone for dinner every day or something just to keep you from drifting on some random schedule. Sure, that's not complete freedom, and maybe you can do it without it, but for me, something other than plans to play poker for the day seem like they would help.