View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Re: AJo gets me into a sticky situation

I fold the flop. I think you have like 4 outs counting normally (2 bds @ .5, and 2 overs @ 1.5). However, if you hit a card for one of the bds on the turn and the guy bets that is giving you 8:1 so you need at least 1 caller to make that a call. Combined with the fact that you have to deal with the flush draw (especially if another heart comes) and it probably makes the turn a fold even if you pick up the draw.

So now we're back to 3 outs for overs. I don't even like those that much because your A could be dominated by the pfr and your J could be reverse dominated by the ever popular JT that fish love so much. That combined with the flush = fold city for me.

As played I think I check the turn and see what happens. I don't think it will get checked around for a free card. I think if you bet and utg raises you're behind and the pot isn't so ridicliously large that you're trying to knock people out if you're behind. Also, if someone does have JT I think you'll hear from them now and you can ditch it for 2bb.

As played I agree with checking the river, when it is bet by the CO you have to decide if you're ahead. If you are, then I think a call is in order. If not, can you raise out a better hand. I think calling is the correct call on the river.

(I'm almost afraid to look and see how wrong I am now)