View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: 2nd pair get raised on the river yo

Ahem. Another hand of yours with a "c/r flop - lead turn" line in trouble...

This time there are no reads and our hand is a bit weaker (TPNK vs 2PTK) and the raise comes on the river + there's two high cards on the flop. Now it's also 6-handed and the preflop raiser is in HJ (-> more likely that K is in his range?). Again we could have been read to be semibluffing with a FD. What's also similar is that the raise comes on a potential scare card (though only QJ).

What bugs me here is that wouldn't a strong K at least raise on the turn for protection vs. draws? Shouldn't a T9 test waters vs a potential semibluff on turn + to get a free showdown?

On the river I fold to this raise. I can't think of worse T raising here or a bluff either - ok, the FD didn't come but the 9 only completes the OESD with QJ, is smaller than 2nd pair so it's not that scary. Not likely to be bluffed upon?

c/c could be good on river if we get clubs to bluff or weaker T's to bet often enough to compensate for times when they don't or we get raised and call. Some of the weaker Ks like K6-4 might not even bet the river if checked to, certainly not raise.

I can't really tell if b/f or c/c is best here but think that both are better than b/c.