View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Watch Out For Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
However, instead of making accusations....just give me a simple list of which freedoms you once had, that you no longer have, that were taken away by the government:

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, the discussion is not about the freedoms I've personally lost, it's about whether America is or is becoming a police state. Thus it is relevant to the discussion if ANY American loses freedoms.

That said:

1.) That I or anyone else may consent to a loss of freedom for the sake of convenience does not mean there isn't a loss of freedom. No, the subway thing isn't a big deal to me, it just has a very "police state" kind of feeling to me. That's why I mentioned it.

2.) Suspension of habeas corpus is the major one and has been mentioned many times in this thread by many posters, but your cranium is seemingly too thick to allow this information to penetrate. All it takes is the government to label you an "enemy combatant", a completely arbitrary designation, for any reason whatsoever, and you can be abducted without charges then sent to a foreign country and tortured. This has already happened to at least one American citizen, probably more.. I don't keep up with the news.

3.) I also mentioned the imprisonment of millions upon millions for victimless crimes. It's easy for you to dismiss this since it doesn't affect you, but I think those imprisoned and their families will likely feel differently, as do I.