View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Which Groups *DO NOT* Deserve a Seat on the PPA Board?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could care less who is on the PPA board

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a lot to learn.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

Then enlighten me oh wise one, becasue I also do not care who is on the board of the NRA, the Reason Foundation, NORML, Moveon.org, or any other advocacy group who I support when their position is the same as mine.

Skallagrim

[/ QUOTE ]

Skall,

If you would actually read what I wrote earlier you could get enlightened. But here's the cliff notes:

1) Conflicted interests
2) Which lead to errors of ommission as to the broader range of goals most of us have
3) Lack of broad enough relevant expertise
4) Added to managerial incompetence of the past until Mr. Pappas' appointment (and which continues as to judicial issues)
4) Along with ongoing problems in transparency

Now let's examine the current results of the poll. The clear sentiment is that sites that left the market and *especially* affiliate farms are the very least of deserving seats on the board. Yet 4 members associated with CP mag, two of whom have large affiliate farm interests, including with the prime site that left the US market, i.e. party poker, effectively control the board *primarily to their own benefit rather than that of the larger membership*. Granted though that there own narrow goal of promoting the business model of certain online sites coincides with *ONE* of our larger list of goals.

Wait you say. The Engineer will soon be joining! Which when his vote is added to those of the chairman and the reps of the sites still in the US market *could* overrule the CP/Party Poker/Affiliate Farm block. Right? Wrong! Look on the PPA website and you will see that they have added another person, one Mary Magazine, an attorney *without* relevant legal experience (unless you think being a traffic court judge is), whose vote will offset that of the Engineer. Now guess whose friend she is, and thus which group she will vote with should there ever be a divergence of views on the board. Here's a clue: think poker cruises.