View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Dealing with a loss (stillbirth)

private joker, 4 high, bottomset, skunkworks, funkymunky, ImsaKidd, TIEdub14, sarahbellum, Glo-

Thank you.

lippy-

I think it's a little therapeutic. It's hard to know. It all goes in waves, and some things seem more therapeutic at different times.

IggyWH-

I don't even know how to go about thinking about that. I will share a paraphrase of something I said when we planted the tree: we had so many hopes and dreams for Allan. So many things we were going to do with him, teach him, show him, learn from him. We are going to have more children. Maybe, when we hope for things for those children, when we have dreams for them, when we see them, maybe we'll see a glimmer of what would have been with Allan. Whatever happens, we will never forget him. I don't think I can answer your question, but I do know that I'm deeply sorry for your family's loss.

inside??-

Thanks. "Don't worry about not saying the "right" things. Be there for your friends in time of need." QFT.

EMc-

Thank you. I don't know what people can do. Sometimes, it just helps to know people are there. Sometimes, it helps to have something like poker to fill the time that seems so empty. I'll let you know if I think of something, but thank you so much for asking.