View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Short Handed NL - Killer Poker

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it stands for Mike Caro University Notation. It's really awkward and it takes up too much space in the pages.

And since nearly everyone who reads poker books also reads poker forums, and nearly every hand history converter uses a similar layout, it's utterly unnessasary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for not understanding, but what is utterly unnecessary? Being kind enough to spell out abbreviations or acronyms the first time you use one or the MCU thingie (sorry for the highly technical term - thingie - but I just woke up)?

As to those asking for reviews, I would only be able to tell you if the book was well written, well organized, and easy to understand. I would not be able to tell you if the strategies are sound.

And if I tried to tell you if the strategies were sound, I would fall into the same trap I have seen other posters fall into. That being declaring a book good or bad because it dooes or does not suggest a strategy the poster is already using.

Also, it might be a while before I get to reading Killer Poker Shorthanded. I am pretty much a self taught player, who got his start in bar poker, and over the years I have acquired about forty poker books, but I have read very few.

In terms of book learning, I have decided to go back to school as it were and so I am trying to find time to read some of the more basic of the books first.

After typing all of the above, I did flip through KPSH and there is virtually no math. There are one or two long equations dealing with putting your opponent on a hand, but that is about the extent of it.