View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: 11 NLTRN - First two hands, fairly simple.

Well, I'm not sure it's correct, but here's my reasoning about raising T2o on a similar flop:

When I read the original hand, I was thinking about what situations would be a raise on this flop. I felt like overcards could make our hand very difficult to play. I mean if we call and an overcard hits on the turn, and our opponent leads again, do we fold? I know when an overcard hits on the turn is a spot where a lot of players double barrel. Now if we call his turn bet, what if another overcard hits on the river? Now I know we're not supposed to be that worried about overcards (since we're playing HU), but it could make our hand annoying to play.

Now I don't think we need to worry too much about overcards with a jack. but what if we held 82o and we had top pair? Would that be a raise? I figured it probably would be. But, at some point it changes from a raise to a call. 92o I think I'd raise. T2o? Well I wasn't really sure, but I think that one I'd raise and J2o I'd call.

Anyways, even if that's not the right way to think about it, that's an explanation of why I suggested raising T2o.