View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Anti-war movement a caricature of itself

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any evidence supporting either of your claims?

[/ QUOTE ]Many years of direct personal experience. I'd name specific names and post photos, but that would not be appropriate to this forum, so I guess you'll either believe me or you won't. I'll live either way.

However, just to illustrate the point, let me give you one generic example. Since you cited a Democratic Underground thread previously, I'm sure you're familiar with the situation of right-wing trolls from sites like FreeRepublic.com who register for that site and then pose as "leftists" in order to post outlandish conspiracy theories to the site. They then use those same posts to try to attack the site as a haven for wackos. (One recent example was the user who posted under the name "seventhson", who spent every day for two years monkeywrenching that site on behalf of FreeRepublic.com. There are plenty of others, but I think the point is made. This tactic is well-established and well-known, and its practitioners border on the obsessive. Users at various right-wing websites actually brag about doing this stuff on a daily basis, so if you want an exhaustive list of examples I suppose the easiest way to get them is straight from the horse's mouth. Of course, since you clearly follow these right-wing websites, I find it impossible to believe that you're not already aware of this practice in pretty good detail, so, again, that brings us right back to the problem of your fundamental dishonesty.)

[/ QUOTE ]

So its far too much for you to post simple evidence to back up your wild conspiracy theory claims,

[/ QUOTE ]

(edited to re-insert the part that you edited out)

[ QUOTE ]
but after posting exhaustive, irrefutable evidence to back up my simple claim, I'm clearly the one who is fundamentally dishonest.

[/ QUOTE ]

You posted cut-and-paste right-wing talking points, backed by cut-and-paste photos from right-wing websites. Moreover, anyone with an ounce of experience in any antiwar event recognizes your mischaracterizations as not just "non-representative" but wildly so.

I note also that you didn't even bother to deny ANYTHING I said about right-wingers posing as "left wing radicals" in order to harass and disrupt progressive websites and events.

And if you're familiar with Free Republic vs. Democratic Underground, then you're VERY familiar with this practice, because it happens all the time there.

So basically what we're left with is the usual blather from you : everyone who disagrees with you has been a victim of "communist influences", and then you won't deign to address the DOCUMENTED FACT of right-wing harassment, vandalism and infiltration by sites like Free Republic.

[ QUOTE ]
You make me sick. You're going on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

That will also be a lie. But hope springs eternal.

q/q