View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: JTs river spot in biggish pot

[ QUOTE ]

I put a large part of BB's range as pair + straight draw, and it seemed reasonable, given the size of the pot, that he could find a fold often enough for my river bet to be good. Your responses in this thread seem to confirm that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand he called you down with JT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I have also pointed out the ambiguous answers we sometimes give when we are analyzing hands.Changing perspective that you did makes it just clearer to see that it is true.

I remember one hand where Hero had A4 on button and preflop raised.Got called by SB and reraised by a TAG BB.
Flop comes ATx. BB checks,SB checks, Hero bets and gets
checkraised by BB.
Many good posters told Hero to fold flop because this is a monster line from villain.I said that I could think of playing KK-JJ like BB and the same posters that told Hero to fold his baby aces suddenly says that there is no point of playing KK-JJ this way because no one ever drops an ace at the tables.
Who was right or wrong in that discussion doesn´t matter.
But I do think that the good posters who said to me that no one drops an ace at the tables had a point.
It is sometimes a difference between what you advocate in theory and what you´re capable of doing at the tables.
And then we have the levelling issue of course.
Your AQ bet is good if villain isn´t leveling with you, but if he thinks that you think that he think you wouldn´t bet AQ or TT then he is calling you anyway.

To sum it up.I have no idea what is right or what is wrong on this river and I think my head is going to explode.