View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Did somebody say min raise!? (tilt 6H)

Here's the pattern i've noticed with peoples thoughts on being min raised; as a whole it seems people clump the idea of being min raised togeather a little to broadly. I think the biggest things to consider are:

1. Is villain min raising in position or check min raising? I think a check min raise has a huge % more frequency of being a monster than one in position, as people use a positional one for draws or pot control with weak top pairs way more.

2. What street is the min raise on?
I think a turn min raise is on the whole more likely a monster than the flop, this seems obvious as the villain is comfortable with hero shooting twice before announcing his hand and trying to gain value.

3. Is villain committing a retarded amount of his stack on a raise that should be a shove?
Again, this should be obvious, if the guy is raising you nominally instead of moving in, thats a bad bad sign. If you guys are 2500 deep, and you lead into a pot of 200 for 150 and he min raises to 300 its nowhere near as bad as both of you being 2500 deep with a pot of 1600 which you lead 1000 into and he raises to 2000.

Anyway, on to the hand in question.

Tilt $75 6H 8.5k guarantee. Villain sucks, he's got all the classic fish tells.

What i'm gonna talk about doing here, might get me, well, called an idiot.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $25/$50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $1990
Hero: $6675
CO: $1055
Button: $2665
SB: $2490
BB: $5930

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $150</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($350, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $250</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($850, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $575</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1150</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?

Alright here's what i'm thinking. Villain has 950 left. I am in the area of 99% certain that he's got me beat with two pair/set/straight/flush.

At this point i'm debating calling his raise, and releasing on a river that doesn't improve my hand to either two pair/set/flush because i'm pretty sure i'm putting in that last 950 with roughly 20% equity on it if i shove.

Yea i've got a pretty major hand with the over pair+NFSD, but what am i beating at this point?

Thoughts?