View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Logmein Security.

[ QUOTE ]
Looking to head around the world and remote control to my PC in Ireland remotely from Web cafes etc with a view to playing poker. Just wondering is Logmein secure? ie. Is there a chance that the web site (in this case LOGMEIN) can track my key strokes (ultimately cleaning out my Poker acnt). Probably not goin to be possible but need re-assurance.Also would web cafes (have rarely used them) have an issue with downloading the java applet required in order to control the machine. Finally could Party themselves investigate my acnt for unusual access from a weird TCPIP address. Lots of questions...Lots of places to see ...thx for the help in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used LogMeIn myself and haven't had any security issues at all. Depending on the Net Cafe, I suppose they could lock down the machines tightly enough that you can't access LogMeIn, but the LogMeIn FAQs would probably address that better than anyone here.

From Party's perspective, you would be playing from your normal IP wherever your computer is located.

The biggest concern I would have would be having a keylogger sitting on the machine used in the Net Cafe, since they'd now be able to log in to your machine through the LogMeIn account you accessed.