View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 02:51 AM

Default catching perfect and folding

Villain is reasonably aggressive on 3rd, has fired and then made laydowns on later streets. He is not significantly tighter than the rest of the table, which is too loose, but not retarded.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $1, Bring-In $1.50 (converter)

Seat 1: $90.50
Seat 2: $100
Seat 3: $180.50
Seat 4: $231
Seat 5: $145.50
Seat 6: $99
Hero: $436.50
Seat 8: $98

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (7.90 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (4.95 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (4.95 BB - $49.50)

Interested in comments re: calling the re-raise on 3rd (seems like a fold, but note that (Ax)Q for villain means he sees all four Aces and he knows I don't have Aces -- maybe reason enough to fire back at me) and check-calling 4th to disguise the hand against probable (KK)Q or (xQ)Q.

The fold bummed me out, but if I was behind, the Queen meant I was way, way behind and drawing to running cards, a Four or the case Eight. Worse, none of those give me a lock!

Literally any other card in the deck would have allowed me to raise and get another bet in there, maybe even multiple bets since villain had shown aggression on two prior streets and likes his hand.

He may have started rolled, but since he had reason to suspect I didn't have Aces, playing split Queens fast makes the most sense.

I hate taking a hand to the river without being able to bet it with confidence, and folding seemed more prudent than making three more queasy calls, almost certainly unimproved.

This is either MUBS and weak or totally standard.