View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Do you want to have children?

[ QUOTE ]
Because money and fame isn't everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I'd say having fun and enjoying life is what matters. A child though would greatly interfere with both of those.

[ QUOTE ]
For those asking for a defintion of the intangible benefits, you know that everyday ordinary guy in the movies, who suddenly becomes an all out super hero when his family is threatened? That's what having kids does to you. Inside you're that guy all the time because you are responsible for these people you love.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that if someone is accomplished they will already feel that way even without children. But for arguments sake lets assume that I would get some of this euphoric feeling from having a child. Is the gain from that really enough to counterbalance the negative of now having a relatively boring 15-16 years?

I can't answer that for other people but for myself I know that isn't the case. In ordering preferences I'd put death above a boring existence so even if I gained somewhat by having a child at most it would bring me up to content while by not having a child I am already at very happy.