View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Big call vs bigjoe2003, how bad is this really?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think all of these neg ev calls between regulars is pretty silly on the bubble. all it really does is transfer equity from the two of you to the two other players (assuming they are not winning regulars).

i would just make sure i push ATC (or 90%) into joe every time. if he is not making neg ev calls than you should not either.

now, if you catch joe making neg ev calls vs you on the bubble then you should return the favor.

[/ QUOTE ]
I made a post about this several months ago (see here).

I'm still hoping the multiway NE calculator guy tries out the suggestion I made about computing "unspitable" pushes (see here).

If you view all the SNGs you play as "one big game" and don't just consider each decison/SNG in isolation, then I wonder if the "true" nash equilibrium might be both a mixture of playing to maximise your own EV for the current situation/SNG and also spite calling appropriately to reduce opponent's future +EV plays against you in future SNGs.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The pseudonash game theory calc assume that a -0.0001 call is bad even though doing it will cause him to fold more hands to you in certain spots. Spite calling is obviously +ev if he adjusts his pushing ranges tighter to only +ev hands, thus gaining you more walks or even less pushes from late position etc. I think..