View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Car mods; restoration; rehab; audio thread

[ QUOTE ]
guids,

I know you are a bit of a wrangler guy, I have a CJ5 that I just put a new console in that has a DIN slot that's weather proof. The old radio is some tape/am/fm thing that I'll leave in the dash, it doesn't work, and the old speakers died so I clipped the wires and removed them.

What I'm looking for is a cheap solution for speakers, but they need to be waterproof as they will be exposed to the elements for most of the winter. Additionally I'd like to be able to hear them at highway speeds with the top off, without blowing them up. Sound quality is secondary, the amount of wind noise at 65 mph is enough that as long as I can hear them I'd be happy.

Several companies sell enclosures that sit above the shifter and have two 6" speakers or whatever, do you have experience with those? If those work I'd prefer it as the rear speakers always got in the way before.

[/ QUOTE ]

boat speakers. you probably have to order them from a catalog, but my last wrangler we put boat speakers in, which are pretty good against the elements.

ill get to the rest of the questions later