View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Re: 44 Set in the SB

[ QUOTE ]
Def agree with you there B. That is why I can't help but wonder if I should have gone for the turn C/R.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say if I just called the last bet on the flop, I'm c/r'ing the turn here almost all the time. If they raise that, then I'm calling down.(player depending, obviously)

Unless certain cards hit that might kill my action. Like an A(or a 3rd flush card if the flop was 2-tone). Then I might bet out.

C/r'ing the turn does a couple possible things. One is if you get 3 bet, you can then call it out as that 3 bet is pretty strong given the action up to that point. You've basically turned your hand over at that point and they're still firing. If you bet out and get raised, then you'd be inclined to 3 bet(I would. The range is still wider when they just raise). Well, if they 4 bet that you're really going to hate it. The most you'd really want to see go in on the turn, against most opponents, is 3 bets. But usually on that 3rd bet, when they put it in, you're in calling mode. When you put it in, you're hoping for no 4 bet.

Not sure if I explained that well. But the turn c/r helps protect you a little when behind.

b